Instructions to Reset Low Water Cut Off Pressure Switch
1. Locate pressure switch. (Small grey box about 3½” x 2½” x 2½” usually attached to the piping on the pressure tank.)
2. Locate the reset lever. (Small silver lever about 1" long on the side of the pressure switch.)
3. Locate the AUTO / START / OFF positions. (Labeled on the side of the pressure switch, the lever should be in the AUTO (down) position.)
4. Locate the pressure gauge. (Small round dial indicator usually attached to the piping on the pressure tank near the pressure switch. The pressure should read zero or very low.)
5. Move the reset lever up into the start position and hold it there. (You should hear water moving into the pressure tank from the well.) Hold the reset lever in the start position until the pressure builds up and the gauge reads over 40 PSI; then let it return to the AUTO position. The pump should now run on its own and continue until the pressure reaches the cut out setting, (usually between 50 - 60 PSI), and then shut off.
Note: Low water cut off pressure switches are designed to protect your submersible pump in the event of the water level dropping below your pump. If your pump still will not start after performing the above sequence, please call us at 902-832-4357 as there could be other factors that may require a professional diagnosis.